D-Link’s latest power line networking kit is aimed at home theatre enthusiasts that want to pump 4K media around their home. The DHP-P601AV PowerLine AV2 1000 HD Gigabit Passthrough Kit – try saying that six times fast! – is perfect for people with houses that aren’t friendly to normal ethernet-cabled networks, and have 4K displays in odd locations.
4K telly in the upstairs loo? Why not?!
The DHP-P601AV is capable of speeds up to 1000Mbps, and the hardware also features a pass-through socket so you’re not losing an all-important outlet.
D-Link ANZ MD Graeme Reardon said in today’s release, “Demand for PowerLine products has sky rocketed over the last few years and continues to grow. The main reason is that PowerLine is a simple and easy way to extend your Internet access within a home or business, without the hassle of installing extra cables. It’s perfect for meeting the demands of an ever-increasing number of connected devices and the desire for ultra-high performance and high-speed Internet connectivity. The new DHP-P601AV provides people with a reliable network connection giving them a high quality experience and the added bonus of a passthrough power socket to connect other electrical devices.”
Here’s the full spec list:
- PowerLine AV2 technology for up to 1000 Mbps throughput
- ·Passthrough power socket to connect other electrical devices to the same power point
- Gigabit Ethernet LAN port
- Plug-and-play – no configuration required
- Simple Connect button for secure connectivity between other PowerLine devices
- Wall-Plug design for more convenience
- Single Input Single Output (SISO) technology
- Quality of Service (QoS) support
- Supports D-Link Green Power Saving features
- Includes 2 x DHP-P600AV adaptors in the kit
The DHP-P601AV is available now for $199.95.
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”postTitle” max=”1″ class=”horizontal center bg-black”]